Thursday, November 19, 2009

So Thankful

Being the time of year that it is, I am in an exceptionally thankful frame of mind. Everyday countless things come to my attention that I am so grateful to God for!
Someone emailed my dad this picture today. This past Sunday, we went to the early service, so Caroline didn't to see my Dad. I guess that Chris let her run in to give him a hug as the service was starting. A friend of ours snapped this precious moment.
It brings back so many memories for me. When I was a little girl, I would prance myself up to the stage during the "Welcome to Guests" time. I loved walking up the stairs and watching my dress bounce as I did (of course I had on a big puffy slip underneath). I'd give Dad a big hug and then hurry back down to my seat. It has always been a special memory for both my dad and me. To be able to see my daughter continue this with my father is beyond words for me. I am so grateful to have such a sweet family and such a sweet church and for the chance to enjoy both of them together!

No comments: