Saturday, June 16, 2012
- Show your love to your family- with actions and words
- Take interest in the details of people.
- Be all things to all people.
- Christmas should be over the top.
- Be quick to laugh-keep a cheesy joke ready at all times.
- Love and serve your spouse, even more than your children.
- Passionately study and memorize the Bible.
- Find a hobby that makes you a better person as a whole.
- Be disciplined.
- When moved by the Lord, it's ok to cry.
- Make His name famous- not yours.
- Always know the best ice cream place in any town.
- Pour into the future- invest in those younger than you.
- When at all possible- take the chance to publicly embarrass you children. They'll laugh later.
- Give thoughtful gifts.
- Much can be learned from a battlefield or biography.
- Surround yourself with people of integrity and tell them you are grateful for them often.
- Exercise your mind and your body.
- There is no such thing as too much Blue Bell.
- Let God fight your battles.
- Memorize names.
- A good run can be the most worshipful time of your day.
- Do anything to elicit a smile form those you love.
- See the beauty in the smell of a mountain or the green of a fairway.
- Prayerfully make decisions and have a thick skin when people disagree with them.
- Don't worry about who's mad, keep your focus on the mission Christ gave you.
- Lead with gentle strength.
Posted by Ashley C. at 11:42 PM
Monday, June 11, 2012
Long ago, Caroline told me she would never get her ears pierced- NEVER. I always told her when she brought it up, that she didn't have to if she didn't want to and that we'd just do it when she was ready. Well, her partner in crime at school, Jourdan, got her's done and came to school and told C all about it. Caroline decided she wanted to do it. I made her wait a few months just to make sure she was serious. We decided to do it as part of her birthday. So after her party, we headed to the nearest Claire's (where else?!?) to get it done.
|Before- All Smiles|
|The nerves started to set in|
Posted by Ashley C. at 12:08 PM
Our little guy has reached the age of school programs. He attends an early learning center at our church two days a week and to celebrate the end of the year, they had a program. I don't know about you, but I go to these to see the silly things kids at this age do more than anything. Unfortunately, this was on my last day of school so I couldn't go. There were however a large contingent of other family members there to support Cooper. Of course I wanted a full rundown of everything I missed, but everyone I asked just said, "you've go to see the video." I don't think there are many words needed to describe this... I'll let Papa's video and photos do the talking...
Posted by Ashley C. at 12:03 PM
Caroline decided that she wanted to invite some school friends to her birthday party this year, so we had her party a little early. She loves art, so we had her party at an art studio where the girls could paint a plate and make some jewelry.
|As usual, the whole family was in attendance!|
|Tina, Caroline, Lola and Lilly|
|Even Coop got to make a plate...|
|... with a little help from Daddy.|
|The girls and their aprons that Caroline helped me make|
Posted by Ashley C. at 11:58 AM
Friday, June 8, 2012
It was long overdue, but we finally got Coop into a bed and out of the crib. It just so happens my sister and brother-in-law will be needing the crib, so we were happy to pass it on to them!
We did some online shopping and couldn't find just what we wanted for a reasonable price, so my super-manly hunk of a husband decide to build it for him.
|I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!|
|Haven't found the bedding I want yet, so we're just using what we had around the house.|
|Coop is doing great and STAYING in bed!!|
|He just needs a little company...|
Posted by Ashley C. at 9:10 PM
My precious little lady finished 1st grade on May 31. I am in awe of how God is shaping her and how she lights up our life every day. I couldn't be prouder of her and what she has done this year.
|The First Day of School|
|The Last Day of School|
On to second grade!
Posted by Ashley C. at 9:06 PM
It was Crowley ISD night at the Ranger game and one of my favorite super-students was selected to be recognized on the field after my nomination. I couldn't miss it, so I loaded both nuggets up all by my lonesome and headed for Arlington. Chris was working out of town at the time, so I was pulling single parent duty. Thankfully the Rangers have done a bit of remodeling during the off-season and for the oh-so-worth-it price of $10 a head, the kids could play on an indoor playground to their hearts' content. After working up an appetite, I spent a small fortune buying a plethora of snacks to keep the kids (and me) occupied. Thanks to the playground, sweet potato fries and a few souvenirs, the night was a success.
Posted by Ashley C. at 9:03 PM