Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
- I love to hear her talk to her "babies" after we put her to bed. Some of you can attest to the fact that she has LOTS of babies in her bed and mothers every one of them.
- I love to see her with her Daddy. She lights up the moment he enters the room. She loves to go to Cabelas with him or wrestle around. They are a pair. I only hope she can find someone as amazing as him to make a life with some day.
- I love her memory. She can remember a name or place after just seeing it one time. We'll drive by something and she'll have to remind me all about who we saw there or what we did or what the weather was like. She always says "remember when we went there yesterday?" Her yesterdays refer to anything in the past...
- I love to hear her sing. It makes me tear up to hear her singing "Oh How I Love Jesus" or "God is So Good." There is nothing like that little voice singing to God. I also like to hear her sing the Gwen Stefani/Akon song "Sweet Escape"...
- I love to argue with her. Anyone who is around the two of us knows that we butt heads 25 hours a day. I have said many times that because she was a surprise that I prayed for a Chris but definitely got an Ashley. She's type A and opinionated. She loves to cook and nap. She looks like the carbon copy of her Daddy, but inside she is me. We could spend all day getting on to each other, but when she cries or is scared or hurt- she comes to "Mom" (as I am called now).
Here's one of my favorite pictures of her with my dad when she was itty bitty. Look how dark her hair is!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
1.The raspy voice of Bryan Adams is one that we can all identify no matter where we hear it. I could have picked several songs (i.e. Everything I Do, Heaven, Summer of '69), but I picked Please Forgive Me.
Belt it Out Line- "So if you're feeling lonely... don't. You're the only one I'd ever want. I only want to make it good. So if I love ya a little more than I should, Please Forgive Me..."
2. The Dixie Chicks remind me of high school. They got really big right about the time I was learning to drive and getting to choose the radio station. Now, being the Bush lover I am, I have to say that I completely disagree with them personally and will never buy another one of their CD's, but as Emily said this very week, "they've already got my money so why not wear out the CD?" My favorite one is Ready to Run.
Belt It Out Line- "All I'm ready to do is have some fu-u-u-u-n. What's all this talk about love (and one of the girls does this high little thing here that I always try and hit)"
3. Whitney Houston- can you even sing her songs soft?? It's like we all know we could never hit it like she does, so we just give it all we've got and hope for the best. Even though I know I Will Always Love You is the classic, I actually think of I Have Nothing as my favorite.
Belt It Out Line- "Don't make me close one more door. I don't want to hurt anymore. Stay in my arms if you dare or must I imagine you there. Don't walk away from meeeeee... (it gets so good here) I have NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING if I don't have you."
4. This song was voted #1 of all of the 1980's on VH1 and rightfully so! Livin' on a Prayer by BonJovi cannot be beaten! Who doesn't love it?
Belt It Out Line- "Whoa, we're halfway there. WHOA, livin' on a prayer. Take my hand. We'll make it I swear. WWHHOOAA livin' on a prayer"
5. My last one is actually the song of the moment for me. I heard some awful rendition of it on Idol this week and have not been able to get it out of my head. Alone by Heart is a song that I could never aspire to do justice to, but believe me, in the car I give it everything I have. Caroline can testify...
Belt It Out Line- "Til now, I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you. And now it chills me to the bone. How do I get you alone? How do I get you alone?"
Kelly Clarkson really should be on here somewhere, but I had to pick 5! PLEASE TELL ME YOURS!!!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
- Chick Fil- A Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. It is really the only thing I am tempted to steal in my daily life. I want to just drive through or walk up every time I see the restaurant and ask for a handful.
- Sonic- Ice. In any drink at any time. No need to expand on that.
- Dairy Queen- Steak Fingers. Even though I feel the need to vomit when thinking of the DQ on the side of a dusty Texas highway, I am in love with their steak finger basket. As a rule, I typically enjoy any variety of fast food "basket," but not just anywhere has steak fingers.
- Chicken Express- Number 1. The number 1 is 4 strips and a side, roll and large drink. The sweet tea is perfection and the batter on the chicken is to die for. My dad eats this at least one day a week. This is why he runs marathons, he can do that sort of thing. When it comes to me however, this is probably why I have all of the mirrors in my house only showing my top half...
- Taco Bueno- the best of Fast Food Tex Mex. In honor of my favorite fast food stop, I am just going to list the top items from here- Beef or chicken muchaco, Bean burrito (no sauce), Mexidip and Chip, Chicken Quesadilla, Cinnamon Chips and Cheesecake Chimichangas- Amen...