Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Fave 5

For the next few weeks I am going to do my 5 Favorite things about someone I love! I am going to start with my Dad.
  1. He is the only one that has a nickname for me. Now some family and friends calls me Trashley, but I refuse to acknowledge that as an official nickname. My dad has called me Peeper my entire life. I am not exactly sure where it came from, but even to this day he writes in cards or texts or calls me Peeper when he wants my attention.

  2. Traveling. I love traveling with my dad. If we are going somewhere significant, he will study up on it for weeks in adavance. If we are going somewhere to relax, he can nap and eat with the best of them. He used to take me or Allison on trips with him whenever he could. We got to skip school and that was the biggest deal.

  3. My dad is so funny. Even though he is a pastor, he is not at all straight laced. He taught me all the rhymes about beans and took me out to wrap houses before I was even in grade school. He loves practical jokes. Some of the things that he and his friends did to each other while I was growing up are things I wouldn't even have the guts to do.

  4. JH Ranch is my favorite memory with my dad. We went up into the mountains on the Oregon- California border for a week during the summer before my senior year of high school. We spent all day together talking or praying. We jumped off cliffs, whitewater rafted, camped on the river's edge and learned to love each other like hadn't before.

  5. My dad always made time for me. We played hours of basketball on the driveway. We went to breakfast every Friday morning. We went to golf tournamets. He made me lemon ice cream any time I wanted it while I was pregnant. He's taken the time to love and encourage my husband. I never had to doubt that taking care of me and Mom and Allison was the most importan thing in his life.

No comments: