Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Last night we went to the Fort Worth Stock Show. We skipped out on the rodeo this year because when we bring Caroline with us, I find myself wanting to change places with the calf getting roped and tied up! So, we went out with Nana and Papa to eat, look at the animals and shop.
The Stock Show is very special to me for several reasons. First, I have gone every year since I was a small child and it is one of my favorite events of the year. As anyone from around here knows, the worst weather of the year is during this few weeks, so I have many memories of stepping over half frozen rivers of "something" as I walked from building to building.
The other reason it is special to me is because it was Chris and my first date! It didn't start off as a date, but because we were silly teenagers, by the end of the night we were *GASP* holding hands! This was our tenth rodeo together and I hope there are many more to come!
My favorite event from last night was having Caroline's picture made with the baby goats. It started off as fun (as things like this normally do) and ended... well- take a look.
Checking things out...
Sugar from the goat...
"He's getting me!" (We're still having fun at this point)...
She has not yet noticed that the goat is chewing on her skirt...
She noticed... Now there is a goat chewing on her hat and her vest and it is time to go.






3 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

SOO cute! I love kids dressed up in cowboy/cowgirl gear, I really like her vest. The goats are hilarious- poor thing.

AK said...

Oh I so wish we were there! I know EXACTLY where those pictures were taken. I love the cowgirl hat and the puffy vest!

Unknown said...

The pink cowboy hat makes me happy. The girl has a good stylist. Way to be.