Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Chris


My Friday Fave Five is about the most important person in my life! I don't always treat him like I should, but I pray everyday that I can be the woman he deserves and that God wants me to be for him.


  1. My Chris is the most handy man I know. He can fix or build anything I have ever needed. It's so great to have around the house, but also not so great because any time anyone needs something worked on, who do they call?? You guessed it! But that is OK, because he loves to serve!

  2. I love Chris in his work clothes. Don't get me wrong- he cleans up really well, but he is most himself in his work clothes. By work clothes I mean blue jeans, work boots, and thermal shirt. A tool belt often accompanies this ensemble.

  3. Chris has the strongest hands. They remind me so much of the things about him that I love. I hope this doesn't offend anyone or their hands, but I secretly look at men's hands and kind of frown on them if they look like they just got a manicure. My man's hands are big and strong and yet tender. They are my favorite thing about him.

  4. Chris has this explosive laugh. I don't hear it as much as we get older, but when we were first dating and friends in high school, we used to make fun of him for it all the time! It's like it just hits him and he has to let it out. I love to hear that! We heard it a lot in Cancun last week...

  5. One of my many favorite sets of memories of Chris are some of our older ones. I spent countless hours sitting on hard, metal bleachers watching my tall, thin first baseman play ball. I'll never forget his coach ribbing him at his senior baseball banquet for the time that he had the biggest hit in their final home game of the season and he came over and gave me a kiss through the fence. Times were so simple then. We didn't have to worry about work or schedules or kids or bills. What a blessing to have those years of memories in our young age!

My husband can be defined by the following verse... "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders..."- 1 Thess. 4:11-12


Here's a page out of my Senior Scrapbook


This picture was taken the week of our first date. Notice my 2 ear piercings- how cool was I?!


1 comment:

Kristen Ballard said...

So sweet! The high school pictures were too cute.