Since today is the first day of spring, I thought I would do my 5 favorite things about this happy season!
- I am a crazy fan of March Madness. All of my kids took home brackets to fill out with their parents and we have made a group on ESPN.com so we can see who has the best percentages. It has been so much fun getting it all together this week. More blogging on this later...
- My spirits always do a major jump when the time changes. That first night with one less hour of sleep feels like torture, but when you get to have an evening of sunlight the next day, you realize it was well worth it! Long days make me think of the lake or BBQs or running in the evenings. Love it.
- I don't know why, but I am 25 years old and the thought of not getting a new Easter dress every year is enough to set me off. There is just something wrong with wearing a worn dress on Easter Sunday. Amen? I suspect that I could not adequately celebrate the resurrection of our Lord without a crisp new dress in a bright color. There was no day like Easter as a little girl. The gloves, the hat, the white patten shoes, the ruffled socks. You cannot over accessorize on Easter Sunday.
- Fruit and Flowers- both come out at this time of year. The melons and berries that come out at this time of year give me a serious case of summer fever. I also love that people begin to work in their yards and plant flowers. This is the second spring that we have been able to work in our flower beds and there is something very gratifying about getting your hands dirty planting. Agree?
- I love how God uses spring to represent his grace in our lives. Things that once looked dead and brown suddenly burst forth into greens and blooms. It is as if God is reminding us every year that he makes all things new. I really pray that I can use this season every year to be reminded of the amazing resurrection of his Son and the resurrection He has done and continues to do in my life.