In honor of my splendid friend, Emily, I am going to start a Friday Fave Five. I am also going to copy her subject for this week...
5 Favorite Old Movies
- Holiday Inn- Bing Crosby opens an inn in the country that is only open on holidays. He puts on these great music spectaculars that celebrate the specific holiday. It also has Fred Astaire in it. He plays a friend who is constantly competing for attention and women! Little trivia- the song White Christmas debuted in this film.
- The Quiet Man- One of the BEST John Wayne movies ever! It stars Maureen O'Hara as well. It is based in Ireland. Wayne is a former boxer (i don't know what it is with me and boxing!) that moves back to his family's land in Ireland. He meets a very sassy red head (O'Hara) and they butt heads for the rest of the movie and definitely fall in love!
- The Glenn Miller Story- Has the best music of any movie ever! It stars Jimmy Stewart as the famous Big Band leader. It's amazing!
- The Music Man- I can do every dance and sing every song from this movie! I have so many fabulous memories of watching this with the girls in my family. Great love story. Definitely a classic.
- An Affair to Remember- One of the most amazing love stories of all time! It has Deborah Kerr and Carey Grant. They meet on a cruise to the Mediterranean and are instantly attracted. They are both in other serious relationships, so they have a problem. This has one of the best twists in any movie so I won't say any more.
OK- this was only supposed to be 5 but I have way to many favorites!!! So... here's a few more.
Sound of Music, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life, West Side Story, Rebecca, The Parent Trap... I could go on for days!