Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time to just get away. I think the best part was the weather! So many times when we go down to Glen Rose, we are wearing t-shirts! I loved the snow flurries and constant roaring fire! We had a total of 25 people at the Thanksgiving lunch I think! It was a blast!
We also spent some time (by some time I mean HOURS) looking at old slides from my mom's childhood. I loved looking at the clothes and cars. What a simpler time that was! My grandmother made their birthday cakes and clothes and they were as happy as they could be. Nothing was about image. During the never ending slide show, I realized that I think my daughter has the least hair of any child in my family's history. Those of you that know me know that this is a source of constant grief for me! My Aunt Suzanne did, however, deal with the mullet that had come to live on her precious white head! Thank God!

One of my teenage cousins brought his Nintendo Wii with him out to the camp. We plugged it into the TV in the game room to give the kids something to do. Little did we know that it would be the adults who enjoyed it most! I don't mean 20 something adults. I mean over the hill adults. One night all of the young people went outside for a walk and we came back and my 82 year old grandmother and all of her over 50 children were bowling! I have never laughed so hard in my life!
My favorite new tradition is the Granbury lights parade. They have a really quaint square and they do a Christmas Carol sing along by candlelight and then they did a lights parade. It was such a special time! I do believe my aunts and cousins are the only ones that know 3 part harmony to every song. Chris loved us all singing at the top of our lungs in public! We were all bundled up and and freezing, but it was definitely a night we'll all remember.

1 comment:

Kristen Ballard said...

HOW FUN!!! Thanks for sharing. That is the coolest way to spend Thanksgiving. With so much family, away from it all. I LOVE IT!