- Glen Rose- My family spends every Thanksgiving in a cabin in Glen Rose. It is a small cute town, but the best thing about it is that is might as well be 100 miles from home. Don't get me wrong, it has flat screen TVs and plush bedding, but it feels like we are in another world. I have always gone down early with my dad. It used to just be the two of us that went and got everything set up a day or so before everyone got there, but now Chris and Mom come too. It is my favorite time.
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- We watch it every year as we are starting to get lunch going. It is definitely a tradition.
- The Decorations- I love the feeling of putting out my pumpkins and fall decorations. It starts the best time of year. I feel like I need to put on a fire and wear a sweater. I really enjoy watching the fall colors come out in nature as well (or look at pictures of it happening in other parts of the country since it just goes from hot and green to warm and brown over night around here)
- The Food- how could I not mention this?? A few Dean family traditions include- Oreo turkeys, mandarin orange salad, homemade macaroni and cheese, Aunt Suzanne's rolls, popcorn cake, Allison's cranberry salad, and of course green bean casserole.
- The Start of the Christmas Season- Growing up, I was STRICTLY forbidden to start listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies until Thanksgiving was over. It really is the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year..." (more songs to come next week on my Fave 5) A good movie to start with on Thanksgiving night is Miracle on 34th Street because it begins at Thanksgiving (more to come on movies in 2 weeks)
Friday, November 9, 2007
I took a few weeks off, but I am back with my 5 favorite things about Thanksgiving
Posted by Ashley C. at 10:09 AM