- White Christmas- This is certainly a Dean family classic! The music and dancing is to die for!! I wish you could see my sister and I while we are watching it! There is one point, right after they sing Count Your Blessings, where we stop and Dad makes egg nog. I will go into detail on that in a future post! Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney sing hits like White Christmas, Sisters, The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing, and MORE! This movie also has some of the best dancing I have ever seen. Vera Ellen and her 80 pound frame do things that seem physically impossible!
- It's a Wonderful Life- This movie is special to me for so many reasons! One of them is that Jimmy Stewart reminds me so much of my dad. That "always have to do the right thing" thing is so like my dad. He also yells "Yeah!" like Jimmy does about 200 hundred time during the Christmas season. I love the scene where the gym floor opens at the dance and they all end up dancing in the pool. I know so many ridiculous pieces of trivia from this movie, but I won't bore you with that at this time!
- Miracle on 34th Street- I prefer the new one, but the old one is great also. I like it when the mother brings her daughter to see Santa and she says that the little girl is deaf, but just wanted to see him. When he speaks in sign language to her, good grief, I just lose it! It makes me cry every time!
- Christmas Vacation- It has nothing to do with the true meaning of Christmas and it is certainly NOT a family movie, but it gives me my best Christmas belly laugh. A few of my favorite things are the lights on the house, when Clark gets stuck in the attic, the crazy Aunt that wraps up her cat and says the Pledge of Allegiance for her prayer and when they go get the Christmas tree. We could be here all day quoting one liners, but again I will spare you!
- Small One- I don't know how many of you will know this one but it is a Disney cartoon about a little boy who takes his old donkey to town to sell. He looks and looks for a suitable owner that will love him and take good care of him. He eventually meets Joseph. It is such a sweet little story.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Posted by Ashley C. at 11:24 AM