Saturday, April 2, 2011

NM 2011

New Mexico is such a special place to our family. I have made more precious memories there than I can count over my lifetime. This trip was extra special because we were joined by the Kirchners! They have lived in Virginia for these past few years, so they haven't been able to make it. This trip was very relaxed and calm. The weather was cool, but not cold. We were able to keep the windows open at night and really take advantage of the porches during the day.


I spent most of the week with George W. Bush. I'd been wanting to read his recent memoir, and this was the perfect time to do it! We also, as usual, did a ton of eating. That's one of my very favorite things about our NM trips. Being that I kick...rarely, these trips give us the chance to try new recipes or to make the ones that just take too much time or effort to do very often.
Of course, Nana and Papa spoiled the babies. This train was a cheap buy, but gave Coop endless hours of enjoyment!
The boys got up one morning and went fishing. It wasn't as successful as they'd hoped, but we were able to have trout one night for dinner!
This is pretty much how Cooper spent the entire week- eating at the table.
Papa and the kiddos took walks just about every day. On the last one of the trip, Caroline discovered a large elk horn. She came back to the house hollering for us all to see what she'd found. She was so proud- so were the men in the family. They were all a little jealous I think!

We were excited to have an ENTIRE family picture this year! The first one is the normal us...

We are so thankful for the chance to get away to the mountains every year. I think you're a little bit closer to God there.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Two clarifications...

The trout dinner wasn't enough to feed the entire family... we tried.

Elk have antlers, not horns. I'm sure Caroline knows the difference.