Thursday, May 7, 2009

Earth


While Allison and Anthony were in town, we went to see the Earth movie. I could go on and on about how much I loved it! I loved seeing it through Caroline's eyes. She was on the edge of her seat the entire time! Every time an animal came on, she would say "Is he mean?"! Her expressions and excitement were such a joy to be near. I think I watched as much of her as I did of the movie!
Another thing I loved about the movie was the way it pointed straight to the Creator- not in word of course, but it just couldn't help it! The amazingness (not sure if that is a word) of our planet was breathtaking! They showed scenes of landscapes changing from season to season and all that came to my mind was "Why, God, did you do this for us? How do we deserve such beauty?" and then it came to me- the changing of the seasons shows us how God can take us from being dead and dull to being alive and glorious! It reminded me that "to everything there is a season" (turn, turn, turn- sorry I couldn't help it!). God takes us through cycles in our lives, but there is always spring after winter! As I was looking at the beautiful flowers and scenery, He was saying to me "If I care about the lilies of the field, how much more do I care about you? If I am going to teach these animals how to get through the desert to water, how much more will I lead you to my living water after a drought in your life?" I was so revived when I came out! Thank you Lord for speaking to me in the everyday things!

1 comment:

AK said...

This is why I'm a tree hugger ;)