Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas

Because of the unexpected PRK situation, our Christmas was a little different this year. Because we weren't able to do some of the things we normally do, I tried to just keep focused on what the season was about. Focusing on the Lord made this time extra special for us!
We all went to the Christmas Eve service on Saturday night. It is one of my favorite traditions and I was sad to not be able to fully participate. The kids and Chris sat down front while I listened from the back of the balcony. I wasn't able to keep my eyes open for more than a few seconds and couldn't wear makeup, so the back of the sanctuary had my name all over it!

Dad brought the kids on stage as he does every year! Coop entertained the crowd!
It was a packed house!
After the service, we headed over to Mom and Dad's for a quick meal, egg nog and some White Christmas. When we got home, Santa had delivered the kids' new Christmas PJ's. They put them on, Chris snapped a few pictures and they were off to bed!
Chris and I got "Santa" together and then spent a little while watching a movie and sitting by the fire.

No comments: