Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st day of kindergarten

Today was the day I've been anticipating and dreading at the same time. My baby girl joined me at school for the first time. The idea of having her with me on campus has been something I've been looking forward to since she was born. I haven't been very emotional, but it has hit me a few random times. Like when I was talking about her pick up routine. The idea of her walking off into the carpool line made me weepy! She has had no nerves about the big changes! She is so brave! Her teacher is a friend of mine this, so she already knew her. I think that helped.
Anyway, she was up long before the sun and couldn't wait to get there!
Hanging out in my room before it was time to go to her room.
One last picture with mom.

Walking to her class

She is so lucky to have a good friend from church in her class. His name is Ford and she was happy they got to sit by each other.
Caroline and Mrs. Collier
I didn't see her all day until dismissal and by then she was happy but on overload. She crashed hard in car, but shared lots of details over dinner.
I can't wait to see how she does on this new adventure. I've been praying that it shapes her and that she points others to Christ in the process!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the shoes that were dumped behind the seat as she slept...so sweet!

Colleen said...

I am raising my grandsons and I remember their first day in kindergarten. It was really hard to let them go and be out of sight for a half day. Your daughter is tooooo precious. She is fortunate to have Christian parents.