Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall


There are so many reasons I love this time of year! Here are a few...


  • The flavors- it makes me so happy when I start to see things like pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin spice donuts appear on the menus. There is also something so comforting about potato soup as well!

  • The clothes- I can't wait to get out of bed on a day like this when I have to put on a sweater and a coat. Thank goodness- shorts are a temporary thing of the past! I also love Caroline in fall clothes. As much as I love a sundress on her, corduroy pants and a sweater with some cute Mary Janes are my favorite look for here. Even though pants make her legs look a thousand feet long- something she obviously did not inherit from me!

  • The decorations- Don't get me wrong, I love decking the halls for Christmas, but there is also something sort of stressful about it. Not so with fall, putting out pumpkins, scarecrows and fall leaves is pure fun! I makes my house seem so warm when I come in! The berry wreath on my door with its golds and reds and oranges is by far the favorite one in my collection!

  • The anticipation- there is something about knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just on the horizon!

2 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

Those are basically my exact reasons, too!! I love fall clothes, and fall is my favorite cooking season by far. And it is so fun to start getting excited about the holidays!!! Good post!

Cara said...

My personal favorite....pumpkin cheesecake!! :)